Is a hair transplant painful? It is one of the patient’s most common questions to our hair transplant surgeons. FUE / DHI hair transplant is a comfortable procedure for most patients. After your scalp has been numbed with local anesthesia, you should not feel any pain during your procedure.
Many patients can be very anxious about potential pain, but here at Hairfix, we ensure they will be relaxed as possible. Today we will talk more about pain and having a hair transplant.
Tabla de Contenidos
How Painful Is A Hair Transplant?
A hair transplant surgery requires a specialist to make minor cuts to the scalp. All of us have pain nerves throughout the body and face, so when a surgeon cuts the skin, there can be a pain if these nerves are not stopped. In our scalp, there are many nerves, so these must be blocked with anesthesia. Our team of hair transplant doctor in Mexico is very aware of this, so they work on it using different techniques, such as:
- Using local anesthesia (with injections). The main technique that our surgeons use is local anesthesia (injections). These are small injections into the scalp to which the surgeon will take hair out and implant it. These injections are performed with a fine needle similar to human hair. Your entire scalp will be numb, and you shouldn’t feel pain.
- Giving pain-relieving medications. In addition to local anesthesia, our specialists will provide you with pain-relieving meds. These meds reduce any discomfort and help to relax you even further!
- Ensuring every patient is relaxed (since stress can increase pain). Being stressed increases the perception of pain, so keeping every patient calm and comfortable is one of our priorities. Our hair transplant clinic in Mexico is designed for this! You can ask to watch series or movies or listen to music!
At Hairfix, we ensure our patients feel calm, so we offer a relaxing massage on the legs during the implantation phase to reduce stress. If you want to find out about the experience of having a hair transplant with us, watch the video below!
You May Also Like: All About Elon Musk Hair Transplant
Pain And Comfort During Hair Transplant
After your hair transplant, you will be given recovery instructions, and any discomfort you may feel will be easily controlled with simple and essential medications such as paracetamol and ibuprofen. Two days after the procedure, you will be pain-free and don’t require any other meds. Our surgeons will keep in contact with you to follow your case, meaning your recovery should go well with our specialist’s advice.
If you stay awake during your hair transplant, you are kept as comfortable as possible with any of your entertainment choices. By regaining your confidence at Hairfix, you can expect excellent attention regarding the patient’s comfort.
Ver esta publicación en Instagram
Pain After A Hair Transplant
After your hair transplant, you will be given recovery instructions, and any discomfort you may feel will be easily controlled with simple and basic medications such as paracetamol and ibuprofen. Two days after the procedure, you will be pain-free and don’t require any other meds. Our surgeons will keep in contact with you to follow your case, meaning your recovery should go well with our specialist’s advice.
Does Pain Affect My Hair Transplant?
Pain should not affect your transplant. If you have severe pain, we recommend contacting our team of specialists, and they will assess you.
Which Hair Transplant Technique Is Less Painful?
At Hairfix, we use the latest technique for hair restoration, FUE / DHI hair transplant. This technique is painless compared to the FUT technique, which involves the removal of an entire strip of hair (from the back of your head); it is more invasive than FUE.
If you notice hair thinning or male pattern baldness and are currently looking for a painless procedure along with natural results. In that case, our DHI hair transplant is the solution to regain your confidence; here are the procedure steps:
- Donor Area Preparation. The doctor evaluates the donor area from which the hair will be extracted. Then, the hair in this area is trimmed to facilitate the identification and removal of hair.
- Extraction Phase. The follicles are extracted from the scalp with a specialized tool that, with only 1 mm in diameter, allows the hair to be removed safely, precisely, and without the risk of leaving scars.
- Implantation Phase. The extracted follicles are now implanted in the areas affected by baldness, such as the crown or sides. Our doctors control each implanted hair’s direction, depth, and angle, achieving natural-looking results.
- Healing And Hair Growth. In the first two weeks, following the post-op care instructions indicated by your doctor will be very important. After a month, you will fully recover, and from the 4th month onward, your hair will begin to grow. The final results of your hair transplant will be fully appreciated within 12 months.
Hair Transplant Before And After
With Hairfix, you will achieve more volume for your hair without any pain and scars!
How Much Is A Hair Transplant In Mexico?
At our hair restoration clinic, a hair transplant starts from $2990.
Give more volume to your life! If you notice that your hair is thinning and want to stop hair loss, our staff is here to help so you can regain your confidence. Our internationally prepared hair transplant surgeons have years of experience performing painless hair transplants! Ask us for hair restoration cost in Mexico and contact us to schedule an appointment.